Saturday, October 20, 2012

Discretion is Advised

There is so much going on in this world today. So many wonders, so many tears, and so many mysteries. We now do something with every minute we have, even if that something is nothing. But as each day passes, we see our past get further and further from us. I see a recurring pattern as people look at the choices they've made a slam their head against the wall wondering how they were so "stupid" or "misled." Every guy thinks back to that one girl he said all the wrong things to, hoping that secretly she is thinking about him for some unexplained cosmic coincidental reason. She thinks he's an idiot, and he thinks she's amazing, she wants him to comfort her, he thinks she needs space. And we stare at the window to our past, endlessly wondering "how?"
Honestly? I don't know how. I've been in this predicament myself on far too many occasions, and I can say that I have no answer as to how to remedy the disease of stupid decisions and misplaced words known as "the human condition." We may be able to trace back our steps, but we never find that "AHA!" moment when all things started spiraling downhill. Perhaps it was us, perhaps it was the person before us, perhaps it was them, but some infusion of a catalyst and your want to be there at that time came together to make your decision suck.
What do I do about it? I write blogs in hopes that someone will catch on and realize that we are all imperfect, and maybe they will want this imperfection for their own. In the mean time I'm on a quest to stop world suffering. Tall order, I know, but I'm actually doing pretty well. Every day we can help those that are drowning in this world of chaos and indelible decisions by offering unconditional love. Many people will not accept this love, and we have to learn not to let our pride get hurt, but to know that we did our best to help those in need, because there are so many in need.
As a species, we've almost entirely lost our pack mentality. We live like alligators, scrounging for social scraps on the table of community as we claim a friend as a prize or crown ourselves champion when we find someone to love and others don't. There is always enough. No one has to lose! If only we would start watching out for others, using our social media tools for selflessness instead of narcissism, and spending our free time looking for another good deed to do to our fellow man, the ONLY problems we would have would be those outside of our immediate control.
Life can be scary. It can be uncertain, it can be unforgiving, and it can be intolerable, but it doesn't have to be. There are forces greater than cruel despotism and social masochism as we hurt others to gratify our own solicitations. We are not weak, we are not downtrodden, and we are not controlled. But there is something inside us that prevents a true leak of aspiration, of ambition, of adventure. We will continue to discredit every encounter if we do not see potential for what it really is. It is impossibly true that if you are looking for something in someone, you will always find it.
There comes a time in our lives where we want something to be true, and therefore it is true. We want someone to be nasty, and therefore they are. We want someone to be perfect, and that is how they appear to be. But only after true examination of both self and subject can we create an outline of the man (or woman if you're insecure due to sexism.) There is no quick fix for life. Everything takes time, and it is therefore up to you to determine what is worth your time, and what isn't. But always consider and reconsider. I do not encourage hesitation, and gut reactions are usually correct, but a lifetime wondering "what if" is no replacement for seconds of your time. Do not be short tempered. Do not be resentful. Do not compromise your standards. Life is a journey and it will take time, but if you plan out that time before hand, you may find at the end of the day you've got time for a mistake or two. Live happy, make change where change is due, and don't forget those that are easily forgotten. I've given this philosophy in a tea cup time to cool.

No comments: