Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A voice in the sky with our feet on the ground

I'm here on the train again. Fond memories on this train. Finding love, losing it, rekindling it, remembering days long past, feeling alone, feeling at peace, feeling loved. It's funny how inanimate objects might know us better than anyone else. If only they could speak. I wonder if stars get lonely, looking down on this world with nothing but themselves to keep company. Smiling, crying, cheering, witnessing the event of our seemingly inconsequential lives. Round and round, endless circles day in and day out, the quicker the time passes the longer you've been around. There are those days where it makes every moment seem too short, like time has changed, like you've been cheated out of a real day. 19 years, it all seems such a rush of blurring color and changing seasons. You really tend to miss things so insignificant. Sometimes I remember smells. Smells of the beach, smells of your clothes after swimming in the lake, smells of the ground right after it's rained, smells that blow through the trees, and smells of a traditional Sunday meal prepared by mom. It almost makes me want to cry when I remember these things, it may be quite some time before I get to see the places I've come to love so passionately. And yet all I want to do is take those people that I care for and share these experiences with them. There's so little happiness these days. It used to be that happiness would find you, but now you can spend days on end looking for it. It's so simple, a tree, a lake, a road, a house. Memories that haunt us and call us back, no resistance and no respect for our hearts. The five senses, maybe they're a curse placed on us. They all cause us pain. But wasn't there a time when we were so overjoyed? Ah, yes, I remember, nights cuddling on your parents bed, sanctuaries in tree houses, mornings of overly sugared cereal, nights of funny stories that always made us laugh while mom made us cocoa and cookies. You can't miss the things you've never had, but there isn't a moment in my life that I would trade for all the treasures on this planet. Well, maybe a few, but even those are rather important. All we need now are opportunities, chances to reveal our true character and perhaps persist to the end and never let go of the things that we love. Some are afraid of love, afraid that what they've found may be too good for them. But always remember, if we weren't worth it, we wouldn't find it. A pig in mud will always find mud, but someone always looking to the sky will never miss the stars. If you've found something lovely it's only because you're looking in the right place. Chase your dreams and make them reality. They say there's a land where no one wants to sleep because their reality is ten times better than any dream they could ever imagine. LOL, Live out Life. And this is my long train philosophy in a tea cup.

No comments: