Saturday, December 3, 2011
COOOLLLDDDD!!
So God thought it would be funny to send 102 MPH winds to Ogden this last Thursday, LUCKY ME! Therefore, our power went out, and without power in the middle of winter, things tend to get...cold. COLD AS BALLZ!! Has been my recent phrase, which, let's be honest, are ballz really that cold. Beside that awkward point, I would just like to mention how often cold can get to us. Cold can sometimes last for a really long time, and no matter how warm you make yourself, no matter the temperature, you're still cold! I'm pretty sure that's a symptom of some virus that can kill you, or heroine, can't really remember which. That aside, cold is kind of one of those things like rain, where if you experience you learn to appreciate things more. Where would we be without moments of fireplace egg nog and cuddling up at night? Can you imagine how miserable that would be if we were ALWAYS warm? Things like pizza, chinese food, snickers, yogurt, (took me seven tries to get that word right) and soda taste good cold. (this my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree to these terms) But among the many things that are cold, there should still be things we keep warm; hearts, smiles, toes, eyes, toilet seats, and hot cocoa. It's weird that science has made it so that if you leave something out for too long it gets "cold." I think we can apply that to our lives personally. Anything left out for too long can become cold. Letting love linger in the air, never making it fresh and keeping it hidden in silence can just make it go cold. If we never let the people we care about know how we feel, it just gets freezer burnt and nasty, and no one wants that. Again, if you're feeling heated in an argument, letting it go, giving it time to cool can make things much the merrier. I think we have to reflect on every moment of our lives and wonder what temperature we want it. Should it be hot or cold? It may seem silly, but I understand silly better than anything, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Every day we're looking for something of a specific temperature, "she's so hot" "he's so cool" and all that good stuff, so sometimes we have to really take the initiative while it's "hot of the press" and make the most of the time we have, before things cool, or thaw, or whatever you're waiting for. I think this might be why we love our seasons so much. I know some that just crave the summer nights, and others that can't wait for winterglow. The great thing about these seasons is that, thanks to modern technology and a high enough electric bill, we can be what we want. Too cold? Turn up the heat! Too hot? Get some air conditioning in here! But there are still things that just... belong. Hot cocoa in July? You're CRAZY! Ice cream sandwhich on New Years?...Okay, maybe not that one, but you get the idea. We have to sometimes just let things come in the temperature they are in. Some like it hot, some like it cold, we can't force anyone to be what we want, because that's what they are, and they have a season that they shine in as well. I'm not the type to tell someone to be the person for me when they have a degree that they shine in. What a horrible person I would be to force Apple Cider on people in the High Heat of Summer! Things can heat up, they can cool down, but we have to take people as they are, love their temperature and their season. This is the true kind of love that we all want, unconditional, unrelenting, unchanging, and unpredictable. Know who you are, what you want, and how you want it. After that? It's all just waiting for the right temperature. And that's my COLD cup of philosophy tea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment