This is it kids. It's the end of 2011 as we know it. There is so much hope and so many things to look forward to this next year. A whole year ahead of us, and nothing but memories behind us. Resolve.
With the passing years there is often a feeling of "slow down" as you reach adulthood, that want to take your time and just let everything freeze for a second hoping that maybe if you have more time you can make better decisions. A new year is full of life and opportunity, with everything to look forward to and everything to start again. Isn't it wonderful? Midst all the ambition and friendship ringing in the New Year, I thought of something as I talked with an old friend, their words making a funny little ring in my mind, echoing into a blog. One decision, that's all it takes. Just one decision to alter the rest of your life. I think we have to decide now what we are going to decide in the future. At the beginning of each year, I think we need to consider the end of that same year. When the time comes for me to decide, what will I say? When I'm given an opportunity to follow the career of my choice, what am I willing to give up? How much am I willing to give up for my friends, family and comfort? When we really make these decisions in our hearts, it is infinitely easier to maintain that resolve as we press forward into who we truly are. Never lose sight of that. There is you, and then there is you with them. Remember that your core, your essence, your being can be fragile, and if you don't hold true to it, you can lose it in the blink of an eye. I also wonder about other people. I know that sounds funny, but I do. I wonder what things would have been like if that person hadn't had a child outside of marriage, if that person had spent more time trying to be a good friend instead of an ambitious entrepreneur, if he had just listened more, and she had just judged less. You see, each decision is a path, and as we make decisions, some paths open up and others close off. That is why, before we make decisions, we need to see where this will take us. The most powerful talent a person can have is foresight, the ability to see what will happen before it happens. This ability to consider what will happen makes successful marriages, business opportunities, and lifestyles. So why do some people have it and others don't? I don't know. But I do know that spontaneity and responsibility are yin and yang, opposites that need to be considered in all things. Seeing into the future involves a lot of patience, observation, experience, concentration, and humility. We get enthralled with this idea of "setting our own path" and "disturbing the status quo" that we don't recognize the truths from the ages. Maybe there is no absolute truth, but I do know that we are predecessors of countless men and women in the same pursuit of harmony, joy, and lasting peace. Perhaps we should take a look into the past to predict our future. Don't give up hope, don't let the past dominate your future, and don't lose sight of your resolve. Keep it in your heart where no one can ensnare or corrupt, after all, that's what the heart is for. That's a New Years tea cup of my philosophy.
No comments:
Post a Comment