Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I reflect a lot, you'd think I was a mirror
I pulled a double today, big mistake. I don't usually use this blog as a journal entry, but I still would like to mention I pulled a double. ANYWAY, I think that today is a day for reflection of how far we've come. We often make resolutions and forget all about them the next week unless it's something extremely important to us. So think back to all the things you said, all the promises you made, and remember how much you meant them, how often you kept them, and how much better you're going to do now that you remember them. I often feel like I've been cheated, not necessarily by God, but by people, like they deliberately lied to me and somehow expect me to trust them. A warning to anyone getting to know me, I will ALWAYS respect you right off the bat, but once you've deceived me or conned me, I have a hard time respecting you. I'm bitter sometimes. So I'm sorry to those whom I've been bitter to, but... You deserved it Haha. As for deeper reflection, I would like to take this opportunity to tell everyone just how lovely this world is. It's a scary place, no doubt, but around every turn is another mystery of exquisite beauty and aww inspiring moments. The grass is growing, the kids are laughing, and the sun still rises and sets every day. I think my only complaint about this world is how BIG it is, there are friends that I would really like to spend time with, really like to catch up with, and really like to spend hours in meadows making funny shapes out of the clouds. I wish I could do this with all my friends, but alas, too many live in Utah, and too many live in New York, so getting them all together would be quite the hassle. I want people to remember who their friends were, why they were friends, and the great adventures they had. On a tangent, I would like to ask, is there anything you ever cried for? Crying is such a confusing emotion, it happens when you're the saddest of sad, and the happiest of happy. It's an emotion that takes over the whole body. I remember all the times I've cried, it's an emotion I know very well. It's not easy for me to admit, but I tend to cry a bit. Although I can't cry with onions and such which really stings because my tear ducts are broken in that area. But I think back on the moments that I've cried, and almost every situation was a turning point in my life, a moment where I became "Conrad's Philosophies" Let all your tears be from happiness, don't let yourself be down and out for things that are soon going to pass you by. They say that God counts the tears of his children, and I would like to make everyone mourn a little less, and cry with joy a little more. I can't do this alone, I'm only one lost soul in the vast and endless space that is life, but I think that if I can get my words, these words out to those it may help, the internet will become a powerful tool for the good of mankind. Here's hoping, This is my scattered philosophy in a tea cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment