Monday, March 23, 2009

Only those that have something to hide

All we are is sleepwalkin'. I've seen it happen, people that aren't even fully awake taking on a days work of labor, love, emotion, and thinking. They don't seem to open their eyes for anything, life is just a dream that they pray someday they'll wake up from. I also learned something today that I didn't originally believe was true, but here it is. People don't REALLY change. I mean their core stays the same, people can become better and people can improve their lives, but a person that has ill intentions at heart will always have ill intentions at heart. But let me bring up another thought, people that were good at heart will always be good at heart. Sometimes we fall down a path that we never wanted to be a part of and everything seems to go downhill. We resent those close to us, we rebel from our long time friends, and we want to be something we aren't just so that we can tell the world that we've changed our fate. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing, or a sheep in wolf's clothing. I was told today that I was too open, that I wasn't in the least bit mysterious. I believe it, I'm an open book, I keep my mind on my sleeve and sometimes it even falls off. I think it's a sign of honesty. They say that withholding the truth is the same as lying, so therefore I let everyone know what I think as a gesture to be honest. I think the world might be a better place if more people were like that. No more games, no more secrets, no more guessing, you would know what was wrong and how to fix it. The problem with this is that some people like games, some people like secrets, and some people like to make others guess. I think that the best trait to define this is selfishness. Most people don't realize it, but keeping to yourself is in a way selfish. Selfish by definition means; concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others. Isn't that what secrets are? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's good to have secrets, but I'm not one to test the boiling waters. However, to safeguard myself, I admit that I do not tell everyone everything, because there are things in this world that I either feel aren't necessary for someone to know, or it will only make them worry, and I hate when people worry. I've used this analogy before, but it's like a child trying to comprehend Picasso. Yes, it may look pretty with all of it's shiny colors, but to gain a full appreciation, you would have to have an open mind, an understanding heart, and a broken soul. I do the things I do to protect those that I love and care for. Does that make me a hero? Or a Wolf in sheep's clothing? That's my opened philosophy in a tea cup.

No comments: