Sunday, March 29, 2009
You never knew
I sit here today, in all of my glory, scared to death with nothing to do. I stand here to let you all know that I've never been so scared in my entire life. My entire existence right now hangs in the balance. The events of these next few weeks will determine my entire life and there's nothing I can do. The pieces have been set into motion and I have made my choices and now I wait in terror for the events to unfold. What can I do? I say a prayer now, because that is all I can do. Pray, pray that I make it through this the better, pray that I am able to take the path that I wanted, pray that I never ruin my life again. When did things become so important? When did the decisions I make suddenly cause my whole world to change? The executioner hangs over my head and whispers in my ear "It's time to grow up." So here I stand with a noose around my neck and everything is left to the judges and my life has become another trinket of unimportance to the fates. For once in my life I have no certainty in the things to come. But it seems that I've jumped off a cliff and cut my own rope. Now here I am, making a pact with the universe, here I am telling the void that I didn't want this, and that I am trying to bargain with destiny. I will not make the same mistake twice. I will persevere, I will become what I should have been, and now I will whisper back to the executioner "I have, and I'm ready to walk away. I pray we never meet in these circumstances again." Perhaps he will laugh and the noose will loose. Or perhaps he will laugh and the floor will drop. Whatever happens, I will always look back on these days and remember that these were the days that I suffered hell, that the hangman's breath was near, that the smell from his breath was of tears, of mourning, of death, and it will forever hang in my mind like the clouds before a certain storm. Forever I will feel the torture of my soul close at hand, and pray that the angel of darkness never draws near again. And this is my poisoned philosophy in a tea cup. Heaven help me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment