Friday, December 12, 2008

I couldn't stop if I wanted to

I think it's almost an addiction. We're kind of born with it aren't we? That want to be loved by someone. It starts when we're young and our infant mind only wants a parental body to pay attention to us. Though strangely dependent, the desire for love from another is something you just get used to. It becomes something so regular and almost expected. But this kind of desire for love most definitely changes into something so much more. It becomes a desire to hold someones hand, to hear someones voice, to be near someone just to feel their body close enough to touch. Taken out of context this would seem extremely bizarre and irregular, but when connotated with love it's as certain as growing up. Everyone thinks about it, it's one of the things that keeps us similar, human if you will. It's impossible to escape this wanting, like running from your shadow it will only get you so far. The sadness comes from the inhuman animalistic drive that makes even the greatest of men into nothing more than a prowling creature, stalking its prey to satisfy their own needs only. Something pure and somehow beautiful becomes something defiled, an emotion that turns into a true addiction, a habit that can't be kicked. It pains one to see someone so possessed by something that used to be a pure expression of emotion. Love has a purpose, and can be used improperly. You feel it when you take advantage of someone, or when you tell someone you love them but know all too well in your heart it isn't true. It's a misuse of something greater than science or mathematics that passes into the realm of Gods. Perhaps that is what love truly is, the power of Gods. So powerful, sought after like ambrosia or El Dorado. Prometheus brought fire to man, perhaps that is why everyone describes love as a fire. Playing with fire can get you burnt and anyone joining the game of love will know that burning yourself is as easy as three powerful words. Love has the power to break down the walls of insecurity, the power to connect no longer through words, but through thoughts and actions. But enough about love, I'm sick of the subject anyway. Today was another struggle through life but everyday brings me closer to something I want to be. Making decisions I know are mine brings a self satisfaction almost laughable. One would think that this juvenile feeling of freedom is something that passes overtime and perhaps it does. I'm one who likes to consider my role in life and in fact act my age. Stop telling me to grow up and act like an adult when I haven't actually reached that stage in my life yet. I believe that people act the way that they are treated, whether it's conscious or not. If you want someone to treat you a certain way, act the way you want to be treated, but it also works vice versa. If you want someone to act a certain way, treat them like that. It's a well known philosophy that you can't love someone that deosn't want to be loved, so if you want something, be something. And that's my love/acting philosophy in a tea cup.

No comments: