Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Play with them

Stars and the Moon? Ever heard of it? It's a song about thinking you know just what you want and finally you get it, but it turns out that it may have been what you wanted, but not what you really needed. It's a sad story with a really good moral. It's a good song and I highly recommend it, but that's not the point. The point is that today I think I learned that there's a huge difference between what I've wanted and what I need. Today I suffered through my finals and when it was all over it felt like the whole world could just open up to me and my only limit was my imagination. As the seasons change I find myself becoming more of a romantic, leaving everything behind and starting something new that I can be proud of, living a life that I perhaps couldn't live forever, but a time for self searching. Living somewhere no one knows your name, where you discover who you are, find a new hobby, a new love, and just live. It's an idea of doing for once in your life everything you've always wanted to do. I guess you could call that a bad philosophy, taking zero accountability and running from life, but beauty is in the beholder, why not life as well? So you'll see, one of these days I'll escape into the great unknown, secrets just waiting to be discovered! I feel okay leaving my life the way it is right now, I feel that everyone in my life right now would be okay without me for a while, because that is my warning for those of you planning on following in my footsteps. Make sure you don't "leave" your life, make sure it can carry on fine without when you leave. Don't leave loved ones wondering, don't leave friends lonely and without. It's such a wonderful feeling to take on a new reality that becomes you. I've done it several times before and I'm convinced that everyone needs to try it at least once. So often we get stuck doing what we've always been doing and lose those experiences that dictate who we want to become. Take some time to find what you've always looked for. Climb a mountain, go sky diving, swim in the ocean, lay in a field all by yourself, things that really make you respect the world you live in! It's beautiful if you're willing to see it. I'm just glad that things are really going well, everyone I talk to has a story of how lovely life is right now, and I hope everyone reading this feels the same way! Well, I'm going to go eat some food and maybe listen to some more good beats! Dance, sing, laugh, love, that's the stuff you need for a happy life. And that's just my philosophy in a tea cup.

No comments: