Monday, December 22, 2008

The warmest cold I've ever felt!

It's snowing, it's been snowing for the past few hours. Cars are sliding, people are freezing, and everything is slushy. I love it! I thought of making a snow angel today, but decided that if I fell into the snow it would be almost impossible to get back up. I've seen so many things and there isn't much that compares with laying in the freezing snow with someone you feel perfect around. That staring into the eyes, the unavoidable smiles, and the warmth that melts the snow beneath your back. It truly is a miracle that in such a time when everything is freezing, something survives. Much like a fireplace it is kept inside, deep in the heart, warming the house. Sometimes all it needs is a little extra wood to keep it burning. Winter is a time for imagination, where the world is covered in white so that you can make up your own idea of how you want life to be. Have you ever noticed we make things in winter? I made a snow man today, we decorated the Christmas tree, we built a snow fort, and made cookies and cocoa. Everything seems to be about making things in winter. Making happiness isn't excluded. I think that this time of the year is a good time to make the best of things. Make connections, make friends, make people feel good! I think we spend so much time looking at what's wrong with us that we don't see what we mean to everyone else. We spend our mornings looking in our mirror at what's wrong with us that we never close our eyes and see what kind of beauty we've been hiding inside. Sometimes we don't want to believe what's right in front of us because if it isn't truth it will hurt us in the deepest parts, but there comes a time to learn that although there are many lies in the world, the truths are worth the search. Remember that not everyone is like you, and despite how you feel about yourself, it is possible to love everything about someone. Let go of the petty faults of others and let their true beauty shine. Let your toes be cold, someone will come to warm them, keep your door open and someone will walk in, leave a light on and someone will be there when you're in darkness. Cherish every moment you have when you are with the ones you love, and when you don't like what you see, close your eyes and feel with your heart. I'm really at a loss today for words, I've little to say so I'll stop here until something comes back. And this is my warming philosophy in a tea cup.

No comments: