Saturday, December 20, 2008
Why me?
From the title I know what you're thinking, but it isn't like that. This "why me" is more like a "why not anyone else?" because I've been taught things I thought everyone knew but apparently didn't. I've been given what some people call gifted insight or discernment. I can tell how people are feeling, what they need to hear, and how to present it in a way that would be most accepted. But I always thought that everyone knew how to do this. I always believed that everyone knew how to make a girl smile, how to make a friend feel better, and how to make everyone around you smile. So here I am asking "why me?" Why can I do it? I often wonder if it were just something in my mind that gives me an understanding of what is really going on in someone's mind. There really is something in your brain that controls your empathy. It's the thing that makes you twitch when you see someone getting cut open, it's the thing that makes you hide when you watch a scary movie, it's empathy controlled through your thoughts. I just found out that mine is a little bigger than average. I could never be a doctor because I can't stand the sight of anything that might look painful to someone else. I can't stand fighting because I feel the anger that runs through people. But the strangest thing about all of this is, I can't cry. It's the most bizarre thing in the world. I am not capable of crying! Whenever I should cry during a sad movie, nothing comes. When something really close to me dies, I can't cry. When my mom is chopping onions, my eyes only burn like a fire and it hurts, but I can't cry. I used to cry all the time, when I was angry, when I was sad, when I was lonely, when I was overcome with emotions. I used to cry during songs, I used to cry during movies, I used to cry during books, but I can't anymore. I feel like I'm broken. I always wanted to be different, but the things I'm finding that really make me different are extremely obscure! Crying isn't the only thing that makes me different, there are so many things I thought were normal but turned out to be only me. Oh well, I'm happy now, I've met someone that makes me smile, makes me want to be a better person, makes me feel like all I have to do to fly is lift my feet off the ground. I won't put too much stock in a crashing market, but I will believe, and until the rains fall, I'll bask in the sun while it lasts. Maybe being different isn't what we're looking for. Maybe what we are really looking for is someone to notice us. And this is my being different philosophy in a tea cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment