Saturday, December 20, 2008
I'll bury myself with it
I can't help but sometimes like a lie more than truth. I get a feeling that I'd be more happy hating someone for something they didn't do than hating someone and finding out they aren't as bad as I had hoped. Does that make me a bad person? Is it better to live in a happy lie than a miserable truth? What you don't know can't hurt you, but what you can find out will kill you. Often I would just like to believe that everyone is horrible, everyone is deceitful, and everyone has an ulterior motive. I want to believe that they did something wrong to me, that they're lying and I can't trust them, because it would pain me so much to know that they were telling the truth and I still resented them. I won't say that it isn't sad, to have to hate someone to forget about them, but it is helpful. Replacing emotions of sadness and loneliness with anger, frustration, even hatred. It might not be right, but it helps. How much more it hurts when you find out you've been blindly hating someone that has shown only loyalty to you. Perhaps it's better to never have known. Backstabbing, lying, betraying, things that every human has experienced at least once in their life, are emotions that are best returned in kind with distrust, resentment, and distance. Is it worth it to stay inside of your shell and be safe, but never experience life outside your tomb? All the things I've learned, I've felt, I've lived have made me into the person that I am, but am I a good person? The ignorant man who knows nothing of betrayal, kept safe in their mothers wing, know little of anger, of dejected feelings, or of loneliness, but does that make them happier? Not knowing of the world beyond? I don't know, and I think it's safe to say I may never know, but I will say that we are who we are meant to be, we will always be who we are, perhaps with slight variations, but from the time we were born to the moment we die, we will be the outline that was intended, and the choices we make decide whether we become the best versions of ourselves, or the devil himself. And that is my hidden philosophy in a tea cup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry... this is going to be a long comment.
So as I was reading your blog I was thinking to myself "this is sad, why does it have to be like this?!" And then I realized it doesn't! (i'm probably not making sense already) but what I'm trying to say is when you experience backstabbing, lying or deceiving (as we all have and will) I find it's easier to love the person than to return feelings of distrust resentment and distance. I know that sounds dumb... but if you love the person somehow the pain and hurt that you feel begins to dissolve a little. As you try not to distance yourself from them they become more understandable and less like this horrible monster that you imagined them to be. And of course all people aren't like that, some people are awful just to be awful, but I believe deep down there's a bit of good in all of us. I may be completely missing the point of your blog... in fact I don't doubt that I am.
I'd also like to say though, that I'm a really harsh judge of character and am very critical of other people, as I am with myself. I often judge people on what I don't know about them and my initial discernment of them. But I think as long as your willing to change your assessment of them you're okay... and not a horrible person. Not that your horrible if you don't... maybe that's just who you are?
K now that I have written my own blog to you blog... I'm gonna go.
ps sorry for the rambling... and anything else i might have said un-tactfully.
p.p.s. i miss you!
Post a Comment