Monday, February 23, 2009

Once again, you complain about yourself

Today is a beginning, a beginning of something new. I just applied for a job today and I start work tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that I don't go insane by the time it's done, but none the less, money is money and for now I'll take what I can get. I feel like I have so little going on in my life now. I still learn things about myself every day, and today I feel like I've learned that I don't like uncertainties. I need to know what's going on to the full extent and not knowing what is going to happen in important situations in my life has really been bothering me. I panic when I realize that I have no control and I'm uninformed. I try my hardest to make decisions based on the information I've been given, but when I'm in a situation with no information it stresses me out GREATLY! On another note, I'm getting worn out from all of these people that believe that everything can return to normal. Things change, people change, that's the one constant. Why do people expect everything to stay the way they wanted it to? President Monson gave a talk about the joy of the journey. I believe in the joy of the journey very much. But I can't live with people that believe that at any given time things can just go back to where you started. People often joke about life not having a reset button, but it's true. Broken hearts don't get automatically repaired, shattered friendships don't suddenly mend, angry words can't be taken back. Why then do people assume that they can? You've decided on a path, everything you say, do, live, touch, becomes a path. Whether or not you realized it at the time is your own mistake. I've come across so many people that want their cake and to eat it too. Life doesn't work like that! I suppose each sex has their own issues, men often have commitment issues, detachment issues, inferiority complexes, and lust. But I'm starting to notice that women aren't exactly white linen sheets. They want it all. I've noticed that over time they grow out of it, but at my space in time, the women want it all, they want a good friend that they can use for emotional and physical gain, they want someone that's smart, good looking, caring, whole heartedly interested in them, working, rich, and have all the same loves and interests as them. Am I the only one that sees a problem here? Women are often disgusted by the man's desire for attractive women, but let's be honest, any woman can be attractive. If someone is willing to get themselves into shape, they can ALL be attractive, but that's really ALL that the stereotypical guy needs. You will never hear a guy say "She's great, I just wish she had a little more knowledge of Beethoven and Quantum Mechanics. Also, she's just never willing to take me out!" It's ridiculous to even consider the thought. The fact is that men are interested in women, but women are not interested in men. There was somewhere along the lines a flaw in the system. It's ok if a woman uses a man for affection, but if a man uses a woman for affection... ETERNAL DISDAIN AND REJECTION! Because we all know that a man that uses a woman for affection is evil! But if a woman uses a man for affection, she's just lonely and has been having a hard time. She "needs" someone. It is a world of constant contradiction of which I'm hoping I will be able to escape some day. Don't worry hunny, I'll be home later, you can wait up if you want. I think I'll finish my ranting and just mention that my wife? She's amazing. I hope you all understand my philosophy in a tea cup

No comments: